Apex is a programming language used specifically for developing Salesforce orgs. With the help of the Apex Editor, you are able to edit all the Apex items in the IDE: classes, objects, and triggers.
Apex enables you to add business logic to most system events, including button clicks, related record updates, and Visualforce pages. Apex code can be initiated by web service requests and from triggers on objects.
Apex Code Assistance
In the Apex Editor, you can find all necessary tools of Code Assistance that make your development faster and more convenient:
- Code Completion — this feature helps you to complete the names of classes, methods, fields, and keywords within the visibility scope,
- Apex Doc — it allows for you to add descriptive header comments to the classes, methods, properties in a standard way,
- Go to Definition — it helps to move easily to the definitions of classes, enums, interfaces, their members or local variables,
- Automated formatting — it allows making your code more readable in one click,
- Code Outlining — it divides your code into separate methods and gives you the ability to selectively hide the parts of code that you don't need right now,
- Comment / Uncomment — a simple tool for leaving comments for the selected part of a code.
In this section:
This also may be useful: