External Tools Support
With the help of the External Tools you are able to easily add the third party tools that you use to The Welkin Suite’s menu, for example:
- different Ant tasks,
- your own custom tools and scripts.
This option allows you to work with your favorite application for development in a single IDE. You can forget about switching between different windows, all you need now is available from the Main Menu of The Welkin Suite.
External Tools window
To begin the work with the External Tools you should navigate to the Main Menu:
Preferences… ⇒ Environment ⇒ External Tools. The window that you will see allows you to add the new one or to manage your present external tools.
Here you can find:
- all the commands that you've already added to the menu item,
- the abilities to manage the commands: ordering, adding, and deleting.
Adding a new external tool
You need to fill only several fields:
- Title — the custom name of your tool,
- Command — the execution operation of you tool; this can be an .exe, application, bat or powershell script, etc. Using the Browse… button next to this field, you can open an existing file,
- Arguments — this section allows you to specify a necessary information for your tool; it can be a file, project, solution, some text, position of your cursor in the code, etc.. Using the button with an arrow next to this field you can select an argument from a predefined list,
- Working directory — the folder where your tool is located. Using the button with an arrow next to this field you can select a directory from a predefined list.
After all the fields are filled, click the Apply button. The new tool will appear in the list in the higher part of the window. Move it if needed and then click the OK button.
One of the additional abilities for your external tool is to use Output window. If you mark the appropriate checkbox, the messages from your tool are displayed in the TWS Output panel.
In this section:
This also may be useful: