How to start working with a Git repository from TWS
In order to work with a Git repository right from The Welkin Suite, you need first of all to set up Git integration.
The Welkin Suite offers two ways to initiate a Git repository:
- for an existing solution,
- for a new solution during its creation.
Initiation Git support for an existing solution
First off, to have the ability to use all the possibilities of Git support in The Welkin Suite, you need to set up a new Git repo at a remove server (GitHub, BitBucket, etc) if you don't have such one. When this operation is successfully completed, return to The Welkin Suite and open a necessary solution. Then execute the following steps:
- Select a solution node in the Solution Explorer.
- Navigate to the Main Menu:
Version Control ⇒ Publish in Version Control.
- You will get the opened Select Repository dialog. Navigate to the Сonnect to Repository tab.
- Enter a name of the repository as you would like it to display locally, and paste in the URL from your remote repo. Then fill all the details for connecting, such as protocol, server, port, path, and user. Here you're also able to set the module name for the repository and enter a message for this operation. When all is done, click the OK button.
- You'll get the confirmation dialog about publishing your project to the remote repo. Click the Publish button.
- The next step is to enter the credentials for the remote repository.
When the credentials are successfully verified, you'll get the message in the status bar of the IDE.
After the initiation is successfully completed, you'll get the access to all the Version Control possibilities via the
Main Menu ⇒ Version Control.
Initiation Git support for a new solution
Firstly, set up a new Git repo at a remove server (GitHub, BitBucket, etc) if you don't have such one. When this operation is successfully completed, return to The Welkin Suite and open the Create Project Window via the 'Main Menu:
File ⇒ New ⇒ Solution or the Shift+Cmd+N hotkey. At the step of configuration of the project details, check the boxes about the support of the Version Control.
When the downloading the solution is completed, you'll get the access to all the Version Control possibilities via the
Main Menu ⇒ Version Control. To connect to the remote repository, go to the Main Menu:
Version Control ⇒ Manage Branches and Remotes.
Then navigate to the Remote Settings tab. Click the Add button. In the opened dialog enter the credentials for the remote repo and click the OK button.
Now you can enjoy all the options of the Version Control directly in The Welkin Suite.
In this section:
This also may be useful: