Local History Details
The Local History Details panel helps you to explore each change in your project: what and when was done, which files were affected by this change, differences between the versions. There are several ways to open this panel:
- the Main Menu:
View ⇒ Pads ⇒ Local History Details,
- the Solution Explorer: select the Show Local Details History from the context menu of any item,
- the Local History panel: by clicking the Show Details button near the version that you want to explore, or double-clicking this version's name.
Any of these actions opens a separate panel — the Local History Details panel. It is split into 2 parts: versions and changes.
In the left part of the Local History Details panel, you can find the list of versions that affect the selected item. This list is the same as it is in the Local History panel. The data is displayed in 2 columns: version's name, and the date of changes. By default, all data about versions are ordered chronologically. You can click on a column's header, and the data will be sorted in ascending or descending order.
In the right part of the Local History Details panel, you can find the list of changes in each version. The data is displayed in 4 columns:
- File — a name of the file that was changed,
- Status — a type of a change:
Added(marked in green color) — the item was created,
Modified— the content of the item was changed,
Deleted(marked in red color) — the item was deleted,
- Path — the folder that includes this file,
- Restore — an option to restore the file's version.
NB: In case, when the version includes plenty of changed items, The Welkin Suite displays only the first hundred of them.
To find a necessary file in a list of changed files, you can use the Search field above the list. In addition, all the items are divided into pages for more convenient reading.
The Local History functionality gives you the ability to restore any file to any of its versions. In order to do this, follow the next steps:
- select the necessary version in the left part of the Local History Details panel. On the right side, you will see the list of files that were changed in this version,
- click the Restore button near the file that you want to restore, in the right part of the Local History Details panel.
Process of restoring
Sometimes you need to roll back to one of the previous versions of the files: if you need to fix an issue, change parameters to the previous without typing them manually, and so on.
First off, you should confirm restore.
The current state of the file version will be changed locally to the selected version. If the selected version is equal to the current version, you will get a message that there is nothing to restore.
NB: All the restored files are restored only locally. If you want to implement these changes to your Salesforce org, you need to build them.
In this section:
This also may be useful: