Error List Panel
Whenever you receive build errors from Salesforce or The Welkin Suite recognizes syntax errors — all of these errors will be displayed in the Error List panel as well as highlighted in your code.
You can open the Error List Panel from the Main Menu:
View ⇒ Pads ⇒ Errors.
Information about errors
In the Error List panel you can find all the information required to fix any syntax errors, build errors and / or warnings, which have occurred:
- Error Type — a type of an error: a message, warning, or an error itself,
- Checkbox — for marking resolved issues,
- Line — position where the error has occurred,
- Description — description received from Salesforce or generated by the IDE explaining what the error is,
- File — a name of the file in the solution where the error has occurred,
- Project — a name of a project where the error was spotted, if you use several projects,
- Path — the direct path to the file that contains the error,
- Category — the error's category, if it is present.
The easiest way to navigate to the error from the Error List is just double-clicking it, and the file with the error will be opened exactly on the error’s position. You also can use the option Go to from the context menu of the error.
In a case when you have many errors displayed at the same time you can filter them in the 2 following ways:
- the Search Error List input in the top right corner — text entered in this input will be used as a filter for all text info about the error (Description, File, and Project),
- use the buttons at the top of the panel and filter the errors by their type: errors, warnings, messages.
In addition, you can copy any error line from the Error List Panel by right-clicking or by using the hotkey Cmd+С.
The Error List Panel also gives you the ability to trace all the status information about current actions performed by The Welkin Suite in plain text — mostly about the build process. It can be used in tracking the build process in addition to the icons in the Status bar. To activate it, clear the error filters and toggle the Build Output button.
In this section:
This also may be useful: