The Admin Panel in The Welkin Suite allows you to quickly overview of all the information related to the objects of your organization and gives you the abilities to move to change mode in one click. All the fields, layouts, workflow rules, validation rules for any object are also present in one window.
The Admin Panel is automatically opened if you use Administering Layout. You can also open it manually from the Main Menu:
View ⇒ Show Admin Panel.
Content of the Admin panel
The left part of the Admin panel contains a list of all your objects that can be created on your org in a selected project. If you are working on a solution with multiple projects, you can switch between them using the drop-down list. After switching to another project, you need to click the Refresh button, and the list of objects will be reloaded.
The objects in the Admin Panel are marked by different colors: blue objects are the standard objects from your organization, and the green ones are custom objects that are unique to your org.
Any object in the tree of the Admin Panel has included items if they are present in an org:
- Fields — all the fields, that the selected object includes. You can select how to see the list of fields: by Fields Names or by Fields Labels. To switch, click the appropriate button at the top of the panel.
- Layouts — all the layouts that include the selected object.
- Workflow Rules — the rules from the workflow file, that is connected to the selected object. Active rules are marked with bold.
- Validation Rules — the rules of validation from the selected object file. Active rules are marked with bold.
NB: The Admin Panel tree displays all the items that are present or can be created on your org. They can be absent in your project locally.
When you select any item from the list, its properties appear in the right part of the Admin Panel.
To view properties of an object, select this object, and you will see its properties in the right part of the Admin Panel. The properties of an object are applied to the following categories:
Access— all these attributes show the characteristics of the object on Salesforce,
Misc— contains an ID Prefix for your object,
Labels— this is a name of an object that is visible for the user in your organization,
URLs— help you to generate URLs for the work with this object.
Properties of a field give you the next information:
Access— all the available characteristics of a field,
Label— this is the name of a field that is visible for a user on your organization,
Type Data— the specification of the possible data in a field.
Also, you are able to find all places where a certain field is used for the whole project with just a single mouse-click.
Workflow rule properties allows you to review all the details of the rule: its status, description, full name, criteria items, etc. If a workflow rule contains some nested items, like a file update, you can find this at the top of the properties part below the toolbar. Also, you are able to edit Error Condition Formulas right in the IDE.
Validation rule properties includes such data: status, description, and the error settings. Also, you have an ability to edit Formula values and create new validation rules directly from the Admin Panel.
When you are working with the properties list of an object, field, validation rule, or workflow rule, you can select the view of the list. There are two sorting filters, and you can sort the properties in the alphabetical order or in the categorized order. By default, the properties are visible for your in the categorized order.
In addition, there is the Search field that can help you find or filter the necessary properties in the right section of the Admin Panel.
Layout properties represent visibility and access settings for the selected object on the layout. There are two sections: shown fields and hidden fields. In addition, you can use the filter in the column's header to filter all the data.
Search through Admin Panel
You can easily find a necessary item using the Search field above the list of objects. Just type a search expression, and the list of objects will be filtered to match it. The search text is applied to both objects and fields, for labels and names equally, and as a result, you will get the list that includes the items with the required text only. To clear the filter, click the
x button in the search field.
NB: The search in the Admin works through only loaded fields — those whose objects you've opened during the current TWS session. If you want to search through all the available fields, click the Load all fields button. If you click the Refresh button, you will need to load fields once more to search through them.
Actions in Admin Panel
Above the properties of an item, you can find the toolbar with the actions for the selected item. The list of active actions depends on the item, that you select.
- Open in editor — opens the item in an editor,
- Open in browser — opens the item in a browser to edit it in an org,
- Open Field Level Security in sObject Inspector — opens an appropriate file in sObject Inspector and focuses on the FLS tab,
- Open Layouts in sObject Inspector — opens an appropriate file in sObject Inspector and focuses on the Layouts tab,
- Open Fields in sObject Inspector — opens an appropriate file in sObject Inspector and focuses on the Fields tab,
- Open Field Usage Report window — shows a selected field's usages in the Field Usage Report window,
- Generate SOQL query — creates a SOQL file with pre-generated query which you can modify,
- Add validation rule — opens the Validation Rules Editor,
- Refresh selected object — retrieves data about the selected item from the org.
All the actions of an item are also available from the context menu of the selected item.
NB: All the data in Admin Panel is read-only, so you cannot change the properties of an object in the IDE.
In this section:
This also may be useful: