The Apex Profiler feature helps you to instantly analyze the performance of your code.
The Apex Profiler gives you the ability to run a test as many times as you need and to get information about the execution time. During this process, The Welkin Suite backups your log levels, sets them as needed, executes the tests and reset the log levels.
You can start profiling any unit test in two ways when your caret is placed within the unit test:
- the Main Menu:
Profiler ⇒ Profile using Unit Test,
- the context menu in the editor: select the Start profiling option.
You will get the window where you can enter the necessary number of profiler iteration. By default, it's set as '3', the range is 1-100. Please set it and click the Start button.
The results of profiling are displayed in the Profiler window that is opened in the editor:
- Entry — the code Units / Methods name,
- Time (ms) — time in milliseconds spent on the item's execution itself (without child nodes) and its percentage relatively to the all execution time,
- Cumulative time (ms) — time in milliseconds spent on the method's execution (including all child nodes) and its percentage relatively to the all execution time,
- SOQL Queries — the number of SOQL Queries performed in the item itself (without child nodes),
- DML Operations — the number of DML operations performed in the item itself (without child nodes).
All the items in the Profiler window are displayed in the call stack view — you can easily trace the way of the execution.
In this section:
This also may be useful: