Table of Contents
After you fix some failed test, you need to check it. The Welkin Suite offers you handy options to rerun tests.
Rerun test from the Test Result panel
First off, you can use the buttons on the top of the Test Result panel:
- Run tests — it opens the Test Runner window and helps you to run concrete test classes or methods,
- Rerun — it allows you to rerun the test jobs, classes or methods that you select in the Test Result panel,
- Rerun failed — it allows you to rerun only the failed test jobs, classes or methods. It is active only if the selected job or class includes a failed method.
Rerun tests from the context menu
Also, you can use the context menu of any item in the list of tests:
- you can rerun a test method, class or job by selecting Rerun or Rerun all,
- you can rerun only failed test classes or test methods by selecting Rerun only failed.
Rerun latest test
One more useful option is a rerun option for your last test-run job. It is available via the Main Menu:
Test ⇒ Rerun last test or by pressing the Ctrl+R, Ctrl+L hotkey.
NB: When you are working with several projects in one solution, the rerun option will run the last test-run job from your test result, even if another project is active now. In addition, this option works with the tests that were run not as Deployment validation. This means that when you have a usual test-run, and then you run tests as deployment validation, the test job which was run before the Deployment validation test-run will be rerun.
Rerun from the Editor
You can execute unit tests from the test result icon to the right of your code. The right-click on the icon which has a 'passed' or 'failed' status allows you to run a separate method or a whole class.
In this section:
This also may be useful: