Toolbars and menu customization
The Welkin Suite gives you the ability not only to add or remove toolbars or menus but also to customize the set of commands for any toolbar / menu. You can do this with the help of the Customize window. Here are two ways to open it:
- navigate to the Main Menu:
Tools ⇒ Customize,
- right-click on the toolbar area and select the Customize option.
The Customize window consists of two tabs for different purposes:
- Toolbars — for adding, deleting, or moving toolbars,
- Commands — for managing the set of commands in any toolbar or menu, and for adding, deleting, or moving any menu.
Customizing an existing toolbar or menu
To customize a set of commands of any toolbar or menu, open the Customize window and go to the Commands tab.
Then select an element that you want to customize:
- Menu bar — any menu or even a sub-menu within it,
- Toolbar — any toolbar or its section,
- Context menu — any context or its section.
The Customize window gives you the following abilities by using the buttons:
- Add Command — allows you to add any existing command to the menu / toolbar. Click on this button and select a necessary command from a list,
- Add New Menu — helps you to add a new sub-menu,
- Delete — gives you the ability to delete an unnecessary command.
NB: You can delete only your custom commands, not the default ones.
- Move Up / Move Down — helps you to move the commands inside a toolbar or menu,
- Modify Selection — allows you to manage the settings for the selected element: name and style,
- Reset all — rolls back all your custom settings to their default state,
- Keyboard — an ability to set a custom hotkey for a special command.
Adding a new toolbar
You can combine all the most-used commands in your custom toolbar for the most convenient work. Open the Customize window and go to the Toolbars tab.
To add a new toolbar, click on the New button and type the name of the new toolbar.
Clicking on the Modify selection button, you can change the name or the placement of the toolbar.
To delete an unnecessary toolbar, click the Delete button.
NB: You can delete only your custom toolbars, not the default ones.
Adding a new menu
The Welkin Suite gives you the ability to create your own menu on the menu bar for quick access to the most-used features:
- open the Customize window and go to the Commands tab,
- pin a radio button to the Menu bar and select Menu bar in the drop-down list,
- click on the Add New Menu button to add a menu,
- click on the Modify selection button to rename the menu.
To remove an unnecessary menu, click the Delete button.
NB: You can delete only your custom menus, not the default ones.
In this section:
This also may be useful: